So, M usually makes the post, but I'm posting about the Basketball game today. Corey at the Huntsman Center gave us tickets if we posted about our experience at the game. The seats were really good. In my opinion, the Huntsman center is relatively small and none of the seats are that bad. But that was before I sat in these seats. 9th row at the corner of the court. Really good seats, I felt really close to the court. I should say, M and I are not regular basketball goers. I try to make it up to several conference games a year, but I'm not die hard about Utes basketball. When it's football, the Utes are my team. But I just can't get in to basketball, and today's game just reminded me why.
When it comes to basketball, the Jazz are my team. I like the NBA so much more than college basketball. And it's not just the Utes. I find that I can't sit down and watch a college basketball game. I think that it is too slow and boring. There are 50 time outs per half. I think the 35 second shot clock makes the play a lot slower. And the talent level isn't that great, either. I just don't think there is enough excitement in the game. I thought that was true of tonight's game, too. There was one or two exciting plays and that was it. Now, they played Air Force and it was a blow out, so that is not as exciting. And that is not true of all games the Utes play. Which is probably why I won't go to more of the Utes games. I will go when they play a good team, like BYU, New Mexico, Oklahoma, etc. But I don't need to go to the game of lower caliber opponents, like when they play the schools I've never heard of. Watching the game tonight, I have to say the Utes didn't seem that good. They are average, but nothing spectacular. As a side note, I will be a much bigger fan of Utah basketball when Drca leaves. I hate watching him. He is just not that good.
As I said before, the pace of the game is too slow. There was one point tonight when one of the teams took a time out, one play was run, and then there was another time out because of the weird college basketball time out rule (every 4 minutes there is an official time out). That totally takes the flow out of the game. The game is more fun when the crowd gets into it and there is energy in the air, but all the timeouts make that hard to happen.
On a positive note, there was one time tonight I can remember when the Utes really broke the game open, had some big buckets, and the crowd got in to it a little bit. But that was it. Maybe that's because it was a blowout. All my negativity aside, I did have a good time. I am a Utes fan of all sports and I will always try to go to several games a year. But I just don't see me going regularly right now. I would like to see another game against a better opponent. The Utes play New Mexico, so I really want to go to that game. Hopefully a better opponent will provide a better experience at the game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment